This vegan friendly family favourite will warm you up this Autumn
You will need:
- Coconut oil
- Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- Light soy sauce
- Coriander, chopped
- Red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Spring onion, sliced
- Jasmine rice
- Thai green curry paste
- Low-fat coconut milk
- Sugar snap peas
- Green beans
- Edamame beans
1. Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a wok. Toss the butternut squash in a bowl with the soy sauce before adding to the wok and cooking over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until softened and browned.
2. For the green curry base, heat the remaining coconut oil in a large frying pan. Add the bashed lemongrass and Thai green curry paste, and fry over a high heat for 60 seconds.
3. Stir in the coconut milk, then reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove and discard the lemongrass stalk. Then add a handful of sugar snap peas, asparagus, trimmed green beans and edamame beans into the curry sauce and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
5. Add your curry to the wok with the soy-glazed butternut squash for one final toss before ladling on top of bowls of jasmine rice. Top each bowl with a squeeze of lime juice, sprinkle of coriander and add a few slices of fresh chilli and spring onion.