Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leadership Programme
About this event
Why is this programme needed?
• Every school needs a plan for establishing, embedding and sustaining their Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy
• Every school needs to commit to turning their vision intro provision
• Every school needs a leader to drive this agenda forwards
How will the programme be delivered?
• Delivered online through a series of interactive workshops
• Intersessional research tasks to be undertaken by all participants
• Delivered by 2 former Headteachers who have led this work in their own schools and in grassroots communities
• Group coaching as follow up support
• Recommended reading list
What does the programme involve?
As facilitators we have been careful to construct a programme that recognises the ongoing nature of this work. Our delivery is sensitive to the fact that not every school is where they want to be and so with a non-judgemental and practical approach the programme will support each school we work with to set out their current roadblocks and plan a sustainable route map.
We believe that supporting and challenging individuals in their beliefs around diversity, equity and inclusion matters, as well as ensuring cultural commitment to the work at a strategic level, are the best means of securing safe and inclusive schools for the whole community
Who is the Programme For?
• This programme is to support schools who want to develop their DEI efforts and who are ready to nominate, develop and remunerate a DEI leader.
• We believe that every school should have someone who is designated to take on this leadership role, someone who is dedicated to being or committed to becoming a DEI activist.
• Session 1: Context: Making the political case – Human Rights / Case Law
• Session 2: Context: Making the political personal – The Social Justice Case
Intersessional work – Audit the staff culture
• Session 3: Exploring: Staff feelings about DEI culture (reflecting on the audits)
• Session 4: Developing: Training and Support for staff – The Plan
• Session 5: Exploring: Why diversify the curriculum?
Intersessional work – Audit the curriculum
• Session 6: Developing: Diversifying the curriculum – The Plan
• Session 7: Exploring: How do our policies and procedures, vision and values support our ambitions for DEI in our schools?
• Session 8: Embedding: Drawing together the plan, identifying the strategic leadership of the plan
COHORT 5 DATES:
• Wednesday 21st July (9.00-10.00) – introductory session
• Wednesday 22nd September (9.00-11.30) – session 1
• Wednesday 20th October (9.00-11.30) – session 2
• Wednesday 17th November (9.00-11.30) – session 3
• Wednesday 15th December (9.00-11.30) – session 4
• Wednesday 19th January (9.00-11.30) – session 5
• Wednesday 23rd February (9.00-11.30) – session 6
• Wednesday 23rd March (9.00-11.30) – session 7
• Wednesday 27th April (9.00-11.30) – session 8
• Wednesday 18th May (9.00-10.00) – celebration session
Please email Hannah to request an invoice: [email protected]